Among other things I have a serious addiction to chocolate! Beginning to realise that I may have a slightly addictive personality should probably discuss that with my therapist. Jokes don’t have a therapist (maybe I should get one). Anyway moving on these delicious raw chocolate brownie bites will give any self proclaimed chocolate junkie the chocolate hit that the they need.
chocolate anything is heaven not only does it taste good but chocolate is full of antioxidants and rich in essential minerals like iron and magnesium.
Studies have also shown that it can be beneficial for reducing the risk of heart disease and regulating blood pressure and it comes from a plant so can we go as far as saying it’s basically one of your five a day?
Before we all devour that dairy milk bar we're talking about dark chocolate here folks the good ole 70% plus stuff. If you don’t like dark chocolate then eat the milk stuff I’m sure you’ll get a very minuscule dose of the good stuff (probs not but ey who cares).
These raw chocolate brownie bights are super easy to make you only need 6 ingredients and takes virtually no time and effort to make.
Keep on the hand for when you next get that sugar craving instead of reaching for the dairy milk whizz up some of these little beauties.
If you’re like me however you’ll probably eat them all in one go because I have no self-control. However I don’t recommend eating them all at once the dates make them pretty sweet and one or two is enough to satisfy your craving.
Side note you do need a food processor or blitzer of some kind to make these. If you don’t have one I totally recommend getting one! You can pick one up for pretty cheap online they make your life in the kitchen so much easier and it opens up a whole new world of recipe making and kitchen creativity. Get into making goodies for yo’ self.
I Like to top mine with nuts and shaved chocolate but there’s no need to be fancy about it, or if you are feeling fancy dried raspberries and melted chocolate would be another stellar topping.
In chocolate we trust. The next time a sweet craving comes on, instead of wasting your money on that dairy milk bar or buying some pre-packaged goodies give these whirl and remember to keep on cooking good looking.
Peace and love
Raw Chocolate Brownie Bites
- Food processor
- 10 Medjool dates
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup mixed nuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of dark chocolate I use 90% cocoa
- De stone dates and soak in hot water for about 15 minutes to soften slightly, do a couple rounds of sun salutations to get yah body moving while you wait for those dates to soften.
- Drain the dates and chuck into the food processor with the cocoa powder, nuts, and coconut and give it a quick blitz.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the coconut oil either on the stove-top using the double boiler method or just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute making sure to stir constantly to ensure chocolate doesn't burn.
- Pour the melted oil and chocolate in the food processor and blitz until everything is combined and has formed a dough-like mixture
- Scoop out into lined tray or brownie tin push down until flat and place in the fridge to set for about an hour. By the time you’ve done the cleaning up and washed the dishes they’ll pretty much be set (I take ages to clean up I get distracted easily)
- Once set, top with toppings of choice cut into squares and serve. Keep in the freezer.
- I love super dark chocolate but if you prefer to use a lighter dark go for it - I haven't used milk chocolate but you could give that go.
- If you have a nut allergy omit the nuts and add in extra coconut - dried fruit such as goji berries would work well in this too.
- Store in the freezer for up to a month if they last that long I guarantee they won't.