It's the weekend which means COCKTAILS! Being an ex-bartender, I freaking love shaking and stirring cocktails. After a week in the office, there’s nothing better than pouring yourself a cocktail, playing some tunes and having a good ole dance. I mean I do this most evenings in my Kitchen but hey the weekend is purely for PLAYTIME. I've been loving refreshing cocktails lately and this lychee and cucumber cocktail is just that refreshing! I call it the Lottie refresher.
Even though it’s autumn here in Melbourne I’m still clutching on to those summer days, with my summer salads and refreshing cocktails. This Lychee and cucumber gin fizz is the perfect thirst quencher uber refreshing and uber tasty.
If you want to go fancy use Hendricks gin as it also has cucumber notes which adds to the cocktail, however you can use any ole gin and it will still taste FABULOUS.
We’re not so fancy here in the babe street kitchen we always have Greenall’s original dry gin as you can get a litre from Dan Murphy’s (if your Aussie you know) for an absolute bargain. It also tastes super smooth for the price so winning.
To make this cocktail its super easy all that is required is a tin of lychees, cucumber, lime, gin and soda.
Blitz the lychee, cucumber together as your base and then just build away. EASY, PEASY, LIME SQUEEZY.
What are you waiting for hunni, sit back relax and enjoy this refreshing babe street refresher.
As always keep on moving and grooving hunni.
Much Love Char x
Lychee and cucumber fizz
Ingredints for cocktail
- 1 tin Lychee in syrup
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 lime
- Soda Water
- 40 ml Lychee/Cucmber juice
- 15 ml Lime Juice
- 40 ml Gin
- top with soda water
- Add the cucumber and tin of lychees to a blitzer only add in about 60 ml of lychee juice. Blitz it all together until it becomes liquidized.
- Then Assemble your cocktails. Add ice to a tall glass along with 40ml of the blitz juice, 15ml of lime juice, 40ml of gin and top with soda.
- Garnish with lychee and cucumber strips if your feeling fancy. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
- Don't add all the syrup into the blitzed mix as it will end up too sweet just need about 60mls. Taste test the juice if it's not sweet enough for you add a little bit more syrup into it.
- These are so refreshing and go down quickly so drink responsibly 😉
- You could swap out the gin for vodka if you're not a gin fan.