Today friends we’re making a refreshing watermelon Gin Spritzer. Super refreshing a simple cocktail to enjoy in the garden on a beautiful sunny day. A perfect day drink if I say so myself.
I’m not an alcoholic (my parents may say otherwise but whatever their opinion doesn’t count) but I do appreciate a good tipple.
Having worked in hospitality, predominately bars for the past 10 years of my life it’s hard not to be a fan. Alcohol is more than just alcohol its craftsmanship its art, and the holy grail of them all is Gin! Of course this is up for debate but I’m a gin gal.
You’ll often find me sipping on gin and soda but I like to mix it up and this Watermelon Gin Spritzer is a simple and easy go to cocktail when your feeling fancy! plus its super pretty. You only need watermelon, mint, gin, lime juice, and soda.
There’s no need for fancy shakers or anything like that just a blender and the ingredients and bobs your uncle.
be warned they go down treat and before you know it your doing human pyramids with your mates because you’ve all decided your acrobats and you should join the circus. Standard Saturday right there.
Best enjoyed with friends as is all cocktails and alcoholic beverages, get your mates around have a few tipples, get a lil tiddles and have a wee boogie, shake your tail feathers and wash away that midweek stress.
That’s enough rambling from me! Have fun, let loose and remember to keep on cooking good looking.
Gin Watermelon Spritzer
- 1 large serving jug
- 4 cups diced watermelon
- 2 limes
- 400 ml of Gin
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint
- Bottle of soda water
- 1/4 cup Sugar syurp
- De-seed and dice up the water melon and pop into the blender.
- Squeeze the 2 limes and place the juice in the blender with the watermelon.
- Pick half the mint leaves of the stems and clap in between your hands before placing in the blender with everything else. Whizz that baby up until it’s all juiced up.
- Strain the juice through a sieve – if you don't mind bits in your juice skip this step.
- Grab your self some glasses fill with ice, poor a 45ml shot of gin or a 60ml shot (depends how naughty your feeling) into the glass fill the glass ¾ of the way with the juice yah just blitzed and top with soda water.
- Give it a swirl, place your metal straws in (if you don’t have a metal one don’t use a fucking plastic one just go without there not necessary) sit back relax and enjoy.
- Blast your favourite tunes, have a boogie and get a lil loosey goosey.
- If you want to make more or make a pitcher just double or triple the juice recipe – a bottle of gin should make you 12 drinks if your doing double shots.
- This works well as a mocktail just omit the gin.