Today I bring to you ma homies, the easiest quiche recipe to knock out whilst bored at home. If you've got some of those pastry sheets hanging around in the freezer than everyone seems to be going crazy for at the minute then make these easy mini quiches. I tell you if anything there will be a lot more bakers in the world after this mess sorts its self out.
I for one am not mad about it, cooking is therapeutic and home-made is so much better than store-bought! Keep making and baking all you beautiful people.
These easy mini quiches are the easiest mini delights to throw together. A super-easy way to throw in some extra veggies to hit that 5 a day! get all that veggie goodness in yah.
If you didn’t want to make mini ones you can easily adjust this recipe to make one large Quiche, go with your flow whatever floats your boat ma friends. These little goodies are perfect on the go snacks or a quick breakfast for you busy bees. Even makes a good addition to an afternoon tea or picnic.
However if you’re anything like me and my housemates just devour the whole lot as soon as they come out the oven.
Chop and change the veggies for what you have on hand, chop and change to what you have in the fridge or the pantry. Keep it basic with cheese and onion. For you meat lovers chuck in some ham or whatever it is you people like.
My one top tip is to butter the pan you’re using to bake your quiches well! I mean like lather that shit over the pan to make sure your quiches don’t stick! That way you don’t have to use any baking paper either. Those babies will just pop right out if you butter dat pan (I mean it butter that pan).
Another nifty trick for yah, if you don’t have a rolling pin use a wine bottle I've always got some lying around.
As you can see from above I used my blender beaker to cut out the bases, however you can use anything you have handy they just need to be big enough circles to slot into the tray. Or if your making one big one you can just sack this part off.
For an easy lunch or dinner idea serve with a leafy green salad. I didn’t put any chilies in this recipe which is a rarity for me! However I do like to eat mine with hot sauce or a chipotle bbq sauce and it’s banging!
Hope you enjoy these little pockets of pastry goodness and remember friends, keep on cooking good looking.
Love Char. x
Easy Mini Quiches
- mixing bowl
- muffin tins
- 3 sheets of pastry sheets
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup of chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped radishes
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop/dice up all the veggies if they are not already chopped up, once done sauté the mushrooms and the radishes in a pan with some olive oil to soften.
- Whilst the shrooms and the radishes are sautéing crack open all the eggs into a large bowl and stir in the melted butter salt and pepper (I like to add heaps, all about dat flavour)
- Once the shrooms mixture is cooked stir into the egg with all the other veggies and add in the lemon juice.
- Now for the fun part, butter a muffin tray to make sure your quiches don’t stick. Cut out the bases of the quiches I used the top of my blender beaker, but you can use anything you just want them to be big enough to fit into the muffin tray slots, any extra dough roll into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin to make extra bases.
- Once all the bases are cut out and placed into your muffin trays poor the egg mixture into each one individually, sprinkle grated cheese over the top of each one and chuck in the oven for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked and pastry golden brown.
- Mix and match the veggies for what you have in the fridge.
- keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or pop in the freezer for up to 2 months. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or in the microwave ensure food is piping hot before consuming.