Ooosh who doesn't love a cheeky sweet snack every so often. My usual go-to is dark chocolate but sometimes you're after that proper sugar hit. Well, hunni bee for those sugary times you should make these delightful chocolate coconut date balls. They are so good, so sweet and uber-healthy too so it's a triple win.
These delicious chocolate coconut date balls only require 6 ingredients and can be whipped up in 10 minutes.
What you'll need...
To make these delightful balls of joy you will need:
- Food processor
- 1 saucepan
- 1 bowl
- 1 plate
- and you're beautiful self.
I have tried to make these in a nutribullet and it did not go down well almost blew the thing. Highly recommend using a food processor. If you don't have one, you could chop up the dates and the nuts into tiny pieces and combine with your hands. This would be quite fun if you're weird like me and love to be old school.
How to play ball...
To make these chocolate coconut date balls it's super simple mate. What you'll need to do is set up you're gadgets or equipment (gadgets sounds way cooler), chuck all the ingredients in and blitz away. Once everything is blitz role them into cute little balls.
Depending on your preferences you can either make these uber coconutty or uber chocolatey. I would vote you go chocolatey because dam hunni they are dope, but hey if you a coconut fan then hit that coconut.
To melt the chocolate, use the double boil method, the microwave may be quicker but you've got a less chance of burning it and no one likes burnt chocolate hunni.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, place your bowl on top, chuck in the chocolate and stir until its all melty. I have found using two forks is the easiest way to coat the balls in the chocolate.
Place them in the fridge to set or chuck them in the freezer for 5 minutes for a quick set.
coconuting them up? just roll the balls in some shredded coconut and you're done.
If you're after some other delicious raw chocolate eats check out my Raw chocolate brownie bites.
The next time you're craving some sugar make the raw switch and have a crack at making your own goodies.
As always keep on cooking good looking.
Love Char x
Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- Food processor
- heat proof bowl
- 10 Medjool dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
- ½ cup of cashews
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 200 g dark chocolate bar
- De stone the dates and add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined and all ingredients stick together.
- Using the double boil method to melt the dark chocolate. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and place a bowl over the top to melt the chocolate in.
- Roll the mixture into balls it should make around 10 balls.
- Roll half the balls in shredded coconut and coat half in the melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge for 7 days or store in the freezer for a month.
- You can replace the normal dates with Medjool dates, however, normal dates are slightly smaller so you will need a few more.
- If the mix is to dry slowly add in extra coconut oil, make sure to check the consistency so that it doesn't get to wet.
- If the mix is to wet add in extra cocoa powder.