If your a fan of the classic quesadilla, then your going to love these breakfast quesadillas!
Spice up your regular weekend breakfast with a little Mexican fiesta, if you want to get real spicy serve your self a boozy breakfast and pair these with a bloody Maria! You won't be disappointed.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the creamed corn. It may sound weird but trust me friends it the tits! Creamed corn is quite possibly the star of the show here. If your not a fan or don;t have any no stress just omit but I definitely recommend adding in the creamed corn.
The best things about these breakfast quesadillas is there super easy to make, and can be made in a jiffy. Cook up your beans, scramble your eggs then layer that shit up in a pan and wham bam it's that easy.
The flipping is probably the hardest thing about making these bad boys. It can be pretty tricky but we’ve got a pretty nifty trick that make is easier than trying to flip it like a pancake (this is not a good idea, I flipped it and ended up with everything splattered over myself). However if you nail the pancake flip with this hit us up! I want video proof!
All you need to do is flip your quessy on to a plate and then slide it back on to the pan, easy mate. It's only tricky if you've already had a few bloody maria's before cooking or if your a cluts like me!
Of course I like to have mine hot and spicy and serve it with heaps of Jalapenos but for you non spicy lovers out there then you can skip the chilies. If your like me and like to go mega hard on the spice you can serve it with some hot sauce! Our Jalapeno and pineapple hot sauce would be dope with this https://babestreetkitchen.com/jalapeno-and-pineapple-haaat-sauce/
Instead of sticking to your typical porridge or yah eggs on toast give this a whirl and bring some spice to your weekend breakfast.
Mix up the fillings, definitely give the creamed corn ago and keep on cooking good looking!
Love Char. x
- frying pan
- 400 g can of black beans
- 200 g of creamed corn optional
- 4 small eggs
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 chilies optional
- 8 large tortilla wraps
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- Feta cheese
- Dice up the onion, garlic and chilies pop in to a pan with some oil and let sweat for 5 minutes then add the tin of black beans to the pan with the spices – cumin, turmeric and paprika season to your liking and let cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Once the bean mixture is cooked set aside in a bowl, whisk up your eggs and poor into the pan folding constantly to make creamy scrambled eggs, once cooked set aside in a bowl..
- Give the pan a quick clean or use a new pan, place one tortilla in the pan and start to layer your ingredients. Start with the creamed corn then add the bean mixture then eggs and some grated cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and let cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom is crispy.
- Then it’s time to flip it brah. The easiest way to flip is to place a plate on top and flip the quesadilla on to the plate then slide back into the pan.
- Let cook for a further 5 minutes or until the other side is crispy. Slice into quarters and top with your fav toppings, serve with a bloody Maria for those boozey brunch vibes.
- To get the tortillas extra crispy cook them in a pan without any oil or butter on a medium heat. You could possibly try toasting them if you have a large sandwich press - haven't tried this myself but if you give it a go and it works let us know!
- If you want to make this vegan you could switch out the egg with scrambled tofu.