Today's recipe combines two of my favourite things Gin and Pasta! This boozey Gin tomato spaghetti pasta is banging. With gin in the sauce, how can it not be ah my right?
Very rarely do we have any alcohol left hanging around in this house, but we just so happened to have some Gin leftover. What do you do with some leftover Gin you make a boozey pasta of course. (I mean I could have just poured myself a gin but this seemed more fun!).
The two stars of the dish here are the tomatoes and the gin! I use a variety of tomatoes and tinned tomatoes however use whatever tomatoes you have on hand. This is a super simple recipe and is ready in 30 minutes or less. To make the sauce you just need your ingredients, a pan, and a blender.
This Gin spaghetti tomato pasta is probably my favorite pasta dish I've made, the botanical's of the gin create an amazing flavor. The sauce is pretty good to just lap up with some bread too don't even need the pasta.
I definitely recommend leaving a few shots at the bottom of the bottle to make this dish it's worth it, trust me.
I serve with mine with Parmesan and goats cheese on top. However, to make it vegan you can omit the cheese altogether and use a vegan Worcestershire sauce. To make gluten-free you could swap out the pasta for gluten-free pasta.
This is a banging dish to serve at a dinner party with mates or would be a dope date night dinner.
Serve with your favorite Gin cocktail and garlic bread on the side and you've got yourself a bloody fine meal. Perfect beginning to a great night.
Give it a a whirl and keep on cooking good looking.
Love Char x
Gin Tomato Spaghetti Pasta
- blender or food processor
- large cooking pan
- large sauce pan
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium red capsicum diced
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon thyme
- 2 bullseye chilies
- 2 tbsp of rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 120 ml of gin
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper
- goats/feta cheese
- 1 packet of spaghetti pasta
- Chop up the onion, garlic, and chilies, throw into a large pan with some olive oil, saute for 5 minutes to soften.
- Dice up the red capsicum and chuck in the pan with the onion, garlic and chili saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Dice up the fresh tomatoes chuck in the pan along with the tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Dice up the herbs and stir into the tomato mixture add in the honey, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 5
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta to the packet instructions.
- After the sauce has been simmering for 5 minutes blitz with a hand a blitzer or pour into a blender/food processor and blitz.
- Once the sauce is blitz return to the pan add the ¼ cup of reserved pasta water, lemon juice, and the gin, simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, sprinkle cubes of goats cheese on top with some fresh herbs. Serve in bowls or plates or whatever you fancy.
- Best eaten with a glass of red wine!
- I like it to be boozey if you don't want to add that much gin you can just add a 60ml shot or 90ml.
- You can easily make this vegan by using a vegan Worcestershire sauce and omit the cheese or use a vegan substitute.
- To make gluten-free you could use gluten-free pasta.